Missed this event? Make sure you don’t miss the next one by joining our community today.
With only 6 seconds to impress a recruiter and heavy competition for roles, your resume is your first opportunity to set yourself apart.
Having a well put together resume is a fundamental right for any Motherland Mogul looking to take advantage of new career opportunities and gain acceptance to top school programs and internships.
Join us for a Facebook Q & A to get top tips on putting together a well put together resume.
Questions we’ll answer:
- What’s the difference between a resume and a CV?
- Should your resume be longer than one page?
- How to showcase your experience when you only have school activities and volunteer work?
- Should your experience be in past tense or present tense?
- How to choose which previous work experiences to highlight when you have a long work history?
About Afua Osei:
Afua is a cofounder of She Leads Africa and is dedicated to building up amazing young African women. She has used her resume to gain admission to some of the world’s prestigious programs including the Fulbright Scholarship program and the White House and the office of First Lady Michelle Obama. She also used her resume to snag admissions into a top business school and public policy program at the University of Chicago.
Like She Leads Africa on Facebook in order to participate in the Q & A.