She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world. We all gotta start somewhere, and SLA might be the perfect place…
Want to gain practical insights on how a global business like She Leads Africa works? Intern with us!!!
About our Internship Programs:
Interning with She Leads Africa will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-intensity, fast-growing and globally recognized start-up, and learn vital professional skills under experienced managers.
While our internship positions are unpaid, they provide an opportunity for young professionals to gain valuable work experience, explore a new career path and develop new skills. You will be given responsibilities from day one and you will be expected to make real contributions to whatever department you choose to intern with.
Departments you can intern with:
1. Marketing – Help us grow our community and reach
2. Sales and Partnerships – Help connect us to the hottest brands
3. Programs – Help plan events and programs for women across Africa
4. Content – Help create relatable content for an audience of over 400k women
Location Requirement: Anywhere in the world as long as you have a strong WiFi connection and are ready to work! (Bonus points for WAT or CAT time zones)
- Can work independently and is happy to join a virtual team. We don’t have time to be chasing you around to do your work
- Has a can do attitude and is flexible enough to take on any task we throw at them.
- Is passionate, hungry and eager to build SLA into a world class institution
- Has high professional and ethical standards i.e. understands that there’s no such thing as African time – you’re just late
- Is comfortable taking and giving feedback. We ain’t got no time for defensiveness. Plus we want to work with people who’ll make us better at our jobs; people who’ll force us to move a level up.
- Has a good sense of humour – because we’ll be working hard so we better keep each other entertained
- Is a team player. Leave your ego at the door.
- Understands that giving up is NOT an option
- Is curious and eager to learn. We encourage you to use all your resources before asking your manager for the answer (Google is our BFF)
- Is comfortable working in a startup environment where we’re making the rules up as we go along
- Understands the importance of bringing an analytical mindset to business problems
Sound like you??? Apply to your preferred department by completing the form below, and we will contact you if a good fit opens up!