How To Get Publicity For Your African Startup with Jessica Hope
“Many people who are awed at our communications and media coverage have asked me who is responsible. My simple answer. Jessica Hope.”
Jason Njoku, Founder, IROKO
Jessica Hope is the Founder and Managing Director of Wimbart, a London based boutique PR agency that specialises in the African startup sector.
A renowned expert in her field, Jessica’s clients include iROKO, Printivo, Ringier, CcHub, She Leads Africa and Paystack. She has been able to secure features in CNN, BBC, FT, Huffington Post, BET, Guardian, Reuters, Hollywood Reporter and many other international publications for her clients.
In this masterclass, Jessica is going to share the secrets to PR success. This masterclass will teach you the fundamentals of creating a remarkable startup narrative, identifying the unique and interesting things about your business, and engaging with journalists to get international media attention.
What will you learn from this masterclass?
- How to curate an authentic and compelling business story and narrative
- How to think like a journalist and build a story like a journalist
- Learn the fundamentals of developing a PR strategy to get your business the right attention
- A worksheet to help you SLAY at getting media coverage for your company
Who should sign up for this masterclass?
- If you'd like to develop an eye-catching start up story
- You'd like to get your business featured in international media outlets
- You've recently launched your start-up and need publicity
What will you get from this masterclass?
- A small group 1-hour webinar with Jessica, a PR expert specialised in African startups
- 1 work sheet to help you curate your business narrative and develop your PR strategy
Learn more about your instructor
Jessica Hope is the Founder and Managing Director of Wimbart, a company she founded in 2014. She has been referred to as the woman who tells African start-up stories.
Wimbart is a boutique public relations company with a heavy emphasis on Africa & emerging markets. Wimbart’s clients, past & present, include many of the best known African start ups - IROKO, Andela, CcHub, Paystack, Farmcrowdy, MEST, She Leads Africa, CRE Venture Capital, Trend Solar and more.
Before focussing fully on public relations, Jessica was a consumer lifestyle and pop culture writer, and wrote for and edited a number of Manchester-based titles. She moved on from journalism to PR, and has since worked both agency and client-side, focussing predominantly on B2B, the UK government and arts sectors.
Jessica is a regular on the tech in Africa speaking circuit, and regularly attends panels and holds masterclasses on PR for start-ups in emerging markets. She also holds a BA in History and Masters in Religion & Political Life.