She Leads Africa is a digital media company that believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world. We derive revenue from brand partnerships, advertising revenue and direct to consumer sales (through our event ticket sales and digital learning opportunities).
Our ambition is to become the number one destination for the millions of smart and ambitious African women out there whilst building an Oprah-inspired media empire that’s admired the world round.
We’re looking for an operations boss to help us put structure around our organisation and make sure we run like a well oiled machine.
The People and Finance officer will be responsible for managing the key finance and HR functions of She Leads Africa.
- Oversee management of company’s financial reporting process
- Track company’s financial performance in line with targets
- Maintain banking and accounting relationships
- Conduct financial analyses to identify potential cost savings
- Process payments on behalf of the company
- Develop HR strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
- Develop and implement internal review and feedback system
- Plan annual team retreat and manage budget for team wellness & happiness events
Specific requirements include:
- Excellent English writing skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Basic understanding of financial reports including cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheets
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.