She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
Our #MotherlandMoguls, as we affectionately call them, are the reason we exist and expanding – to provide them with more inspiring and educational content to help them live their best lives.
We’re looking for a digital content expert who’d like to join our dream team in building She Leads Africa into the number one destination for smart and ambitious African women.
This role is only open in Lagos, Nigeria and Cape Town, South Africa only.
Reporting Structure: The Digital Content Associate will report to the Head of Content. They will also be responsible for managing a team of 2-3 fellows and additional staff related to large events or campaigns.
- Be proactive about ensuring that SLA is a part of important conversations related to African women, business, career, and life
- Grow the number of Facebook and Twitter followers, and page engagement
- Lead weekly strategic meetings on content direction on SLA’s social media platforms
- Establish and deliver community engagement goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise social content and editorial decisions
- Oversee social content production and editing every week
- Develop new concepts and series for the community and seek out contributors
- Listen to our users and encouraging dialogue on our platforms
The ideal candidates will have an interest in building, growing and scaling communities. You don’t have to have official work experience doing this kind of work but we want someone who is passionate about digital content and can learn quickly.
If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast-paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific requirements include:
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in learning new skills
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to adopt and change your style of writing
- Experience in building and growing communities across markets using a variety of content, marketing, and partnership strategies
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- Social media savvy and being up to date on current trends
- Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus
- Entry level salary with commission
- Opportunity to travel across Africa and interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Work with a moderately fun team who’s just tryna change lives and help women get that schmoney.
Applications close on December 10, 2017.
Submit your application materials here:
[typeform_embed type=”embed” url=”https://sheleadsafrica.typeform.com/to/tq3W4X”]
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.