Recognising 50 Rising Motherland Moguls Disrupting Industries and Trailblazing Across Africa
[Lagos, Nigeria] – In commemoration of the 2023 International Women’s Day, She Leads Africa is announcing her Top 50 Rising Motherland Moguls List, which features Under 30 African women who are change-makers, trailblazers, and bold visionaries.
Undoubtedly, Africa is bestowed with immense creativity, talent and resilience. Despite the numerous challenges facing the continent – including conflict, inequality, and poverty – young African women are proving themselves to be unstoppable forces. Against all odds, they are defying stereotypes, and making amazing contributions in diverse fields. This is a testament to their determination and tenacity, and it is a story that deserves to be celebrated and recognized.
The Top 50 list showcases leading ladies and emerging stars of Africa, who are doing exceptional things in their communities and beyond. These women are trendsetters and role models, paving the way for future generations of young African women to follow in their footsteps.
In a comment, Adeola Tobi, the CEO of She Leads Africa, said, “We are excited to recognize and celebrate the achievements of these young African women who are making a significant impact in their fields. Our platform is committed to providing a community for young African women to showcase their talents, network with like-minded individuals, and receive the recognition they deserve.”
After numerous nominations and a rigorous selection process, those being honoured were selected based on their achievements, impact, and passion for promoting positive change in their communities.
They were selected from various categories, including Film Making, Sports, Social Impact, Agriculture, Mining, Journalism, Public Service, Photography/Videography, Construction, Business & Entrepreneurship, STEM, Content Creation, Healthcare, and Oil and Gas.
The 2023 SLA’s Top 50 Rising Motherland Moguls are:
- Kemi Olawoye, Co-Founder and CEO of Babymigo (Nigeria)
- Okoro Chidinma Peace, Founder of The BloodDrive Network (Nigeria)
- Josephine Murgor, Anti-FGM/C activist, Mental Health Researcher and Educator (Kenya)
- Oyeronke Oyebanji, Public Health Practitioner and Deputy CEO of Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (Nigeria)
- Adora Nwodo, Software Engineer, Multi-published Author and Global speaker (Nigeria)
- Oluchi Enebeli, Founder of Web3 ladies (Nigeria)
- Fama Jallow, Aerospace Engineer and African Space Education Program Coordinator, (Gambia)
- Ida Faal, CEO of FitaFaal (Gambia)
- Apemaa Divine Yiganabari, Geologist/Remote Sensing and GIS Analyst, CEO and Co-Founder BPurple (Nigeria)
- Zipeta Nabwala, UX/UI Designer, Software Developer & Founder Leverage Online, (Kenya)
- Blossom Egbude, Partnerships Associate at Global Citizen (Nigeria)
- Murunwa Mutele, Chairperson of I AM SHE (South Africa)
- Grace Mongina, Founder of Street Uproot Kenya (Kenya)
- Pato Kelesitse, Climate Justice Advocate and Host Sustain267 Podcast (Botswana)
- Maryann Iberuche, Brand Communicator (Nigeria)
- Diana-Melissa Ngoumape, Co-Founder of Lengue and former Miss Francophone Ghana (Ghana)
- Farai Mubaiwa, Strategy Manager at Accenture (South Africa)
- Oluwaseyi Moejoh, Environmentalist and Executive Director at U-Recycle Initiative Africa (Nigeria)
- Dr. Ameaka Fatima Nkempu, Pharmacist and Body Positive Activist (Cameroon)
- Azeezat Oluwaferanmi Adekanye, Communications Officer & Founder She Speaks Power (Nigeria)
- Winnie Mphafudi, Social Activist (South Africa)
- Udemeobong Edet Akpan, School/Therapeutic Counselor (Nigeria)
- Leungo Mokgwathi,Social Media Manager (Botswana)
- Karen Takondwa Mwendera, Award-winning multimedia Journalist, Founder at Afrikaren Media (South Africa)
- Shannin Samorita Azaleah Jones, Founder Sharing Stories By Shanz, South Africa
- Idowu Oluwabusola Oladosu,Executive Director, Whispers of Love Children Foundation, Nigeria
- Titilayo Abigail Obileye, Communications and Media Strategist (Nigeria)
- Lufuno Ramadwa, Multimedia Consultant and Founder of Sedzani Media (South Africa)
- Olive Caroline Mandalasi, Engineering Surveyor at Pamodzi Consulting Ltd (Malawi)
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Chido Dzinotyiwei, Founder Vambo Academy (Zimbabwe)
- Freda Anyanwu, Founder, EBH Africa (Nigeria)
- Nonhle Matsebula, Founder of Girl Boss SA (South Africa)
- Ashley Celia Timbana, Founder of AZALE Communications (South Africa)
- Chidinma Lynda Nnamani,Content Writer (Nigeria)
- Victoria Udeme Mojisola King, Founder of The Victoria King (Nigeria)
- Ebere Angela Ofoedu, Founder of Innovamp (Nigeria)
- Obiageri odoemena, Fashion Entrepreneur at Zikorah (Nigeria)
- Usman Eleojo Favour, Content Creator (Nigeria)
- kamsi Nnamani, Digital Creator (Nigeria)
- Muji Bekomson, Creative Director at The Content Faculty (Nigeria)
- Omobolaji Ajibare, Social Media Manager Coach & Digital Content Creator (Nigeria)
Marketing and Advertising
- Mwanamkasi Juma, Brand and Marketing Specialist (Kenya)
- Jaylene Ramalatso, Social Media Strategist and Founder House of Intelligence Marketing Agency (South Africa)
- Haoma Worgwu, LinkedIn Certified Marketing Expert CEO and Founder of Envisage Hub (Nigeria)
- Janet Machuka, Social Media Brand & Campaign Strategist Founder of ATC Digital Academy (Kenya)
- Treasure Ernest Iyoha, Marketing/Sales Expert & Founder of The Sales Ville (Nigeria)
- Chide Idoga, Disruptive Technologies & Venture Capital Group at IFC (Nigeria)
- Jennifer Awirigwe, Founder FinTribe (Nigeria)
- Oluwatosin Adedoyin, Customer Experience Consultant & Founder, Olatayo Educates (Nigeria)
We understand that there are countless other young African women out there who are doing remarkable things, and we encourage them to keep pushing, keep striving, and keep reaching for their goals. We also call upon individuals, organizations, and governments to invest in programs and initiatives that support the development and empowerment of young African women.
Let us all work together to create a world where every woman has the opportunity to succeed and make a positive impact in their communities and the world at large.
Once again, we congratulate the 2023 SLA Top 50 Rising Motherland Moguls, and we look forward to seeing what the future holds for these talented and inspiring women.
For more information about the 2023 Top 50 Rising Motherland Moguls, please visit or follow us on @sheleadsafrica across all social media platforms.