She Leads Africa (SLA) is looking for a Finance Associate who will be responsible for our company’s accounting related functions. SLA is a premium media company for female entrepreneurs and professionals. We’ve built a community of 350,000 digitally engaged women across Africa and we are one of Africa’s fastest growing startups with features in Forbes, BBC Africa, Financial Times and CNBC Africa.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter and can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This role is located in Lagos, Nigeria and reports to the co-founders whilst liasing with other departments.
Responsible for developing and leading all aspects of the company’s financial management and financial reporting.
- Managing and generating invoices
- Making payments to 3rd parties;
- Following up on receivables;
- Managing vendor applications and banking processes;
- Managing our banking relationship;
- Preparing invoices and receipts to send to our accountants;
- Supporting our accountants to manage payroll process;
The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized with experience using data management tools like excel. An accounting/ finance background is a plus. A desire and interest in building a happy and healthy team environment is key
- Degree in Accounting or related field;
- 1-3 years work experience;
- Advanced Excel proficiency is a plus*;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and priorities.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.