She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
We’re looking for a hustler to help us build and grow a sales machine.
About the VP Sales & Partnerships Role:
The VP Sales & Partnerships will be responsible for developing relationships with brands for both our online and offline products.
- Position She Leads Africa as the top media platform for brands and agencies looking to reach young professional African women
- Establish and deliver monthly and quarterly revenue targets for digital marketing campaigns and event sponsorship
- Deeply understand the products and services of the company and be able to articulate their benefits effectively
- Research brands, agencies, public relations companies, and management teams and generate leads for outreach via phone call or meetings
- Attend networking events and industry conferences to develop relationships with marketing decision-makers
- Understand the budget cycle and decision-makers at relevant brands and create a database for future engagement
- Manage the sales process and develop ways to improve the conversion rate
- Create compelling marketing materials and proposals
Scope of work: Clients with revenue potential greater than $5,000
Geographic focus: Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya (Primary), United States and United Kingdom (Secondary)
The ideal candidates will have ample experience with researching, identifying, contacting and partnering with top brands and businesses.
If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast-paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Primary sales goal: Monthly revenue
- Secondary sales goal: % growth month over month
- New contacts rate
- Lead response time
- Conversion rate (how many leads move to confirmed clients)
- Senior-level salary
- Opportunity to travel across Africa and interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Hygeia HMO insured medical insurance that gives you access to medical care, dental care, mental health care and wellness programs with premium health care institutions nationwide (Nigeria team only)
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
- Opportunity to work with a fun, primarily remote team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
Reporting Structure: The VP Sales & Partnerships will report directly to an SLA co-founder. The VP Sales & Partnerships will manage a team of two full-time employees, as well as any interns that may come on for large campaigns and projects.