She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
Responsibilities for Operations department:
- Establishing SLA as an employer of choice using on and offline strategies
- Being able to work with units and quickly understand their people needs
- Developing clear and nuanced recruiting pipelines that differ by role as appropriate
- Ability to manage a hiring process including developing innovative and interesting interview processes, screening candidates appropriately
- Implement a data driven performance management system that isn’t cumbersome on team member’s time.
- Implement an onboarding processes to quickly bring new hires up to speed
- Consistent research to ensure we stay up to date with the market
C. Best Tools
- Identify and recommend tech tools that could be used to improve efficiency across business units e.g. Slack, Wunderlist etc
- Work with business units to improve processes and efficiency
- Design initiatives to improve team work, employee morale and motivation
10 signs you’d be a good fit for this role
- You like coming up with unusual and creative ways to solve a problem
- You’re good at getting the necessary information from people and know the right questions to ask to
- You have the ability to implement new systems and procedures and then evaluate their effectiveness
- You prefer to make your decisions based on data rather than feelings or intuitions
- You’re comfortable using reason and logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of multiple options and then weighing these to determine which option is best.
- You’re able to clearly explain the logic and thought process behind your decisions
- You’re thoughtful and have close attention to detail
- You are very curious and always want to know why something is happening vs. just accepting that it is what it is
- You go out of your way to learn new things including online, reaching out to experts even if you don’t know them.
- You have the ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
Benefits of working with SLA:
- Opportunity to shape and mould a new organisation
- Opportunity to work independently and develop your leadership skills
- Opportunity to come up with creative and innovative ideas and then actual implement them
- Opportunity to influence high level strategic decisions
- Work with team that’s all about results not how much face time you put in at the office
- Work with a moderately fun team who’s just tryna change lives and help women get that schmoney.
Submit your application materials here:
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.