She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
We’re looking for a hustler to help us build and grow a sales machine.
About the Sales Associate Role:
The Sales Associate will be responsible for helping develop relationships with brands for both our online and offline products, and taking client-facing meetings to help close deals with brand partners. The Sales Associate will report directly to the Head of Sales & Partnerships.
- Position She Leads Africa as the top media platform for brands and agencies looking to reach young professional African women
- Help the Head of Sales & Partnerships establish and deliver monthly and quarterly revenue targets for digital marketing campaigns and event sponsorship
- Sell She Leads Africa’s digital advertisement space – this includes on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter and Website
- Keep our rate card updated and ensure our rates are competetive and realistic
- Follow through with clients from first e-mail outreach to ensure their payment has been made, content has been posted and analytics report is received
- Consistently ensure the ads process is smooth and adapt it to fix any problems
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly revenue targets are met
Key Performance Indicators:
- New contacts rate
- Lead response time
- Conversion rate (leads to confirmed clients)
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to live and work in either Lagos, Nigeria or Cape Town, South Africa
- Has the ability to use Customer Relationship Management tools: You’ll be sending, tracking and following up on hundreds of conversations at the same time
- Has great communication and customer service skills: Some people are frustrating, but you have to be professional, patient and nice (ALWAYS)
- Has fabulous negotiation skills: Knowing the next best alternative price or content you can agree upon so you can close the deal while keeping everybody happy
- Has knowledge of MS Excel and graphic creation/design (especially using Canva)
- Can work independently and is happy to join a virtual team. We don’t have time to be chasing you around to do your work.
- Has a can do attitude and is flexible enough to take on any task we throw at them.
- Is passionate, hungry and eager to build SLA into a world class institution.
- Has high professional and ethical standards i.e. understands that there’s no such thing as African time – you’re just late.
- Is comfortable taking and giving feedback.
- Has a good sense of humour – because we’ll be working hard so we better keep each other entertained.
- Is curious and eager to learn. Not every day ask your manager for the answer – sometimes try to figure it out using your brain and google.
- Is comfortable working in a startup environment where we’re making the rules up as we go along.
- Entry level salary and 2.5% of company profit paid on a quarterly basis
- Opportunity to interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Hygeia HMO insured medical insurance that gives you access to medical care, dental care, mental health care and wellness programs with premium health care institutions nationwide (Nigeria team only)
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
- Opportunity to work with a fun, primarily remote team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
Reporting Structure: The Sales Associate will report directly to the Head of Sales & Partnerships.