She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
Our #MotherlandMoguls, as we affectionately call them, are the reason we exist and expanding – to provide them with more inspiring and educational content to help them live their best lives.
We’re looking for a intern who’d like to join us in helping pulling together the most amazing She Leads Africa event in Nairobi, Kenya in November 2017.
This role is only open in Nairobi, Kenya
Role Description: The SheHive Intern (Nairobi) will provide marketing support to the programs team on SheHive Nairobi 2017 event.
Reporting Structure: This position reports directly to the SheHive Marketing Associate.
- Focus on ticket sales and pre/post event participant management for the SheHive event.
- Help with participant outreach and communication: WhatsApp message & Direct Message on Instagram and Twitter potential participants
- Help with influencer outreach and communication: Identify and engage with social media influencers on Instagram for help with promotion (ie. Post Swaps)
- Identify and engage marketing partners for the SheHive
- Review weekly experiments with the SLA team
- Execute and determine how to improve efficiency of campaigns
The ideal candidates will have an interest in building, growing and scaling communities. You don’t have to have official work experience doing this kind of work but we want someone who is passionate about digital content and can learn quickly.
If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific requirements include:
- Time management – ability to work effectively for several hours a day, and to check in and out on time (or give ample warning for why this won’t be possible)
- Communication – ability to speak professionally and concisely
- Research – ability to compile mass lists of potential influencers and participants within the area for outreach
- Basic excel skills
- Opportunity to learn project management skills
- Opportunity to meet and network with African female leaders
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work with a moderately fun team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
Submit your application here:
[typeform_embed type=”embed” url=”https://sheleadsafrica.typeform.com/to/UEG3bT”]
You can also click this link to go to the direct application page.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.