She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
Digital Content Manager – Instagram/Snapchat/YouTube
Perfect for someone with a fantastic artistic eye, quick video editing skills and a willingness to learn new design tools.
Digital Content Manager – Email
- Be proactive about ensuring that SLA is a part of important conversations related to African women, business, career and life
- Grow the number of weekly unique visitors to the website and newsletter subscribers
- Lead weekly strategic meetings on content direction on the digital media platforms
- Establish and deliver community engagement goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise social content and editorial decisions
- Oversee social content production and editing every week
- Develop new concepts and series for the community and seek out contributors
- Listen to our users and encouraging dialogue on our platforms
Specific requirements include:
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to adopt and change your style of writing
- Experience in building and growing communities across markets using a variety of content, marketing and partnership strategies
- Knowledge of SEO and digital marketing strategies
- Social media savvy, including Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram and up to date on current trends
- Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus
- Entry level salary with commission
- Opportunity to travel across Africa and interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Work from anywhere as long as you can keep in touch with Skype and Google Hangouts
- Work with a moderately fun team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
To apply, please prepare a 500 word article on what you would tell your 18 year old self, a list of your 5 favorite instagram accounts and a designed instagram post with your favorite quote from DJ Khaled. Please provide the links via a service such as Drop Box or Google Drive.
Applications close on April 14, 2017.
Submit your application materials here:
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.