She Leads Africa is a digital media company for the modern, millennial African woman. With features in the Financial Times, BBC, CNN, Forbes and CNBC Africa, we’re creating the best digital content and offline events to help young African women build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
We’re looking for some amazing women and men to join us as we build She Leads Africa into a world-class company. If you’re looking for a challenging role that gives you the opportunity to build a scalable business whilst driving real impact on the continent, then look no further.
10 signs that you’ll like working at SLA
- You like coming up with unusual and creative ways to solve a problem
- You’re good at getting the necessary information from people and know the right questions to ask to
- You have the ability to implement new systems and procedures and then evaluate their effectiveness
- You prefer to make your decisions based on data rather than feelings or intuitions
- You’re able to clearly explain the logic and thought process behind your decisions
- You’re thoughtful and have close attention to detail
- You are very curious and always want to know why something is happening vs. just accepting that it is what it is
- You go out of your way to learn new things including online, reaching out to experts even if you don’t know them.
- You have the ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- You know learning can be tough but you think it’s fun
- Work with a multi-cultural world class team
- Real responsibility and decision making power from day 1
- Work with a moderately fun team who’s just tryna change lives and help women get that schmoney (Learn more about our team here)
Some of our roles are perfect for someone hoping to get 2-3 years of startup experience before heading to graduate school. Others are perfect for people who like working in fast-growing startups where people get to juggle multiple roles and shape a new company culture.