For the umpteenth time – Happy new year all!
We are still super excited about 2023, and all the dopeness its about to bring all of us!
Before business activities get into full gear, It’s important to decide how you will be doing business this year.
[bctt tweet=”Look back at where you have been, where you are and on to where you want to be. ” username=”SheLeadsAfrica”]
Choose what to improve, continue or probably stop doing, it’s important to go through the year consciously.
Here’s a routine to help you get your business off to a good start…
1. Review your financials to determine how well your business is doing or not doing…Take a close look at your financial records and ask yourself these questions.
- Is my business making profit or loss?
- Is my cash flow positive or negative?
- Do I have loans from the business to repay?
2. Review your business operations
How have you been delivering goods/services to your customers/clients?
What can you do to improve on that?
How will your business serve customers/clients better this year?
These are questions you need to ask yourself and provide answers to, before moving forward.
With this information, you can get more out of the market, and you’ll be able to know what kind of customers you should be advertising more too, how you can provide more value and sell more to them.
4. Service your most vital equipment(s), put them in order. This can be a good way to reduce sudden breakdowns during the year.
5. Sort out your personal/ company taxes; so many opportunities these days are tied to taxes, its best to have it sorted so you don’t miss out on great opportunities.
6. If you did not already do this at the end of the previous year, create your vision for the year ahead (you can do this using a vision board); based on your vision, set goals, write down your action plan and ways you intend to implement these plans as you go through the year
In all, stay positive, keep an open mind and don’t start the year without a plan.
Cheers to a great business year!
Got a business experience to share with us? Share your experience with us here.