She Leads Africa believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
Our #MotherlandMoguls, as we affectionately call them, are the reason we exist and expanding – to provide them with more inspiring and educational content to help them live their best lives.
We’re looking for a marketing guru who’d like to join us in building She Leads Africa into the number one destination for smart and ambitious African women.
This role is only open in Lagos, Nigeria and Cape Town, South Africa only.
Role Description: The Marketing Associate (Events) will manage the marketing functions for She Leads Africa events and training programs.
Reporting Structure: The Marketing Associate (Events) will report to the Head of Marketing. They will also be responsible for managing a team of 2-3 fellows and additional staff related to large events or campaigns.
- Serve as the lead content creator for promotion and publicity of events and training programs
- Establish and deliver leads and sales goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage marketing and public relations strategies including media partnerships, influencers, and advertising for events
- Maintain a marketing calendar with a structured plan of marketing campaigns for each quarter
- Create “always on” campaigns to consistently market and build the SLA brand in target cities in advance of upcoming events
- Liaise with the content team to schedule marketing content
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise content decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our audience and how best to communicate with them
The ideal candidates will have an interest in building, growing and scaling communities. You don’t have to have official work experience doing this kind of work but we want someone who is passionate about digital content and can learn quickly.
If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific requirements include:
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in learning new skills
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to adopt and change your style of writing
- Experience in building and growing communities across markets using a variety of content, marketing and partnership strategies
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- Social media savvy and being up to date on current trends
- Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus
- Entry level salary with bonus
- Opportunity to travel across Africa and interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work with a moderately fun team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
Submit your application here:
You can also click this link to go to the direct application page.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will not be able to answer additional questions via email.