She Leads Africa is a digital media and events company that believes in the power of young African women to build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world. Our organization has been featured on CNN, Black Enterprise, Forbes and CNBC Africa.
We’ve worked with brands including Dark & Lovely, Uber, Cointreau, Samsung, and Facebook.
Our #MotherlandMoguls, as we affectionately call them, are the reason we exist. Our mission is to provide them with inspiring, educational events and content to help them live their best lives.
We’re looking for a product manager to help drive product planning and execution throughout the product development lifecycle, from gathering product and customer requirements to product introduction.
Reporting Structure: The Product Manager will report directly to an SLA co-founder.
The Product Manager will be responsible for improving all aspects of SLA’s end-to-end community journey and drive product decisions to meet business objectives.
- Design and manage product roadmaps, ensuring timely completion of deliverables along the entire product lifecycle: from concept through production, from sustaining improvements to value engineering.
- Generate detailed documentation (including market/product requirement documents), communicate these requirements to the appropriate teams, and ensure timely cross-functional execution.
- Manage an outsourced development firm and determine product priorities and resource allocation.
- Facilitate the design of creative and innovative solutions that encompass the entire customer journey and actively question solutions to ensure alignment with product/company vision.
- Determine the best metrics for product success. Combine intuition with data analysis to continually drive product improvement.
- Provide input into product pricing, go-to-market, development budgets, and sales forecasts.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our customers throughout their lifecycle, and advocate for solutions based on their needs and pain points.
- Monitor and report on sales and customer satisfaction metrics and offer data-driven insights about what new products or product lines will have the greatest impact for our customers and business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3+ years of relevant product management experience.
- Has a strong project management background, with demonstrated ability to execute on tight deadlines.
- Has recorded huge success working in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to execution.
- Has the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Has exceptional communication skills, and demonstrated ability to build high-trust relationships.
- Has an engineering or design background; experience bringing a physical product to market required.
- Has experience guiding cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment.
- Has excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Has experience with A/B testing, UX/UI principles and customer research techniques.
- Has a can-do attitude and is flexible enough to take on any task we throw at them
- Is passionate, hungry and eager to build SLA into a world-class institution
- Has high professional and ethical standards i.e. understands that there’s no such thing as African time – you’re just late
- Is comfortable taking and giving feedback
- Has a good sense of humor – because we’ll be working hard so we better keep each other entertained
- Is comfortable working in a startup environment where we’re making the rules up as we go along.
Ultimately we’re looking for someone who wants to be part of something great. Someone who wants to help us create one of the best African companies in the world.