Earlier this year we kicked off the first ever She Leads Africa Accelerator Program. In partnership with the Work in Progress! Alliance (VC4Africa and Oxfam) and Guaranty Trust Bank we set out to create a 3-month accelerator program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs.
The SLA Accelerator received applications from over 120 startups from across Nigeria. The selected entrepreneurs were evaluated based on their traction and progress in the market, management team and vision to grow and scale across Africa.
The selected businesses are:
- Fresh Direct Produce and Agro-Allied Services – An eco-friendly social enterprise that produces premium organic produce through hydroponics and community action.
- DeliveryBros – Helps you save time and stress through pickup and drops from the market to your house or office.
- Medsaf.co – Solves the medical industry’s procurement problem, by providing a technology enabled distribution solution resulting in transparency and simplicity.
- Koko’s Kitchen – An indigenous brand of confectionary dry mixes specially tailored to suit the taste buds and pocketbook of the quintessential person on the go.
- Bubble Tii – Bringing the Bubble Tea phenomena to Africa.
- Shuttlers – Enables professionals to access comfortable and efficient transportation to and from work using seat matching technology.
- Keek’s – Designs tailored weight loss packages for busy women who want a plan that is both effective and simple to implement.
- Art Splash Studio is a virtual art studio offering a social art experience through our Paint Nite painting classes hosted at different venues in Abuja. Paint, eat, and sip on cocktails while you create. Our instructors will guide you. So bring your friends and let’s have an art party!
- BathKandy Co. – Creates sumptuous dessert-inspired beauty treats for women who crave the finer things.
- Independent Personal Assistant (iPA) – Provides strategic virtual assistance to high-level executives across Africa. We take care of the mundane while you focus on what matters.
SLA Accelerator participants will spend the next three months working on their business strategy and growth, while networking with investors and potential partners. Experts and program mentors include Chudi Amu, Vice President of Investment at Verod Capital; Shirley Somuah, Investor at Cardinal Stone Partners; Seun Abolaji, Creative Director at Wilson’s Juice Company; and Tunde Kehinde and Ercin Eskin, Cofounders of ACE.
The entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses at an investor Demo Day in October and compete for N2 million investment from She Leads Africa along with other business support services.
Congratulations to all of the selected entrepreneurs!