Chuku’s is the world’s first Nigerian tapas restaurant based in London, fusing authentic Nigerian flavours and the best of Nigeria’s West African culture with the
On founding Chuku’s
The sibling duo’s idea to create a food company, offering a variety of small plates of Nigerian dishes, was born out of growing up in a Nigerian household, and having friends who loved their home meals. This lead them to explore Nigerian cuisine, by fusing traditional recipes with food from their travelling experiences, and their experiences of being part of the diaspora.
Running the operations at Chuku’s
Every day is different for this team, with something new to be learned and done each day. They note that creating a routine is one of their main goals in the short term. But, their weeks are broken up into:
- Shopping days
- Cooking preparation
- Events and logistics
- Administrative tasks
This is one busy duo, as we can see!Hear the Chuku's team speak at SheHive London 2017: http://sheleadsafrica.org/shehivelondon2017/ Click To Tweet
Long term goals…
Their long term plans include:
- Finding a permanent space to offer their food.
- Establishing a chain of mainstream Nigerian tapas lounges.
- To become a UK household brand name.
What trends keeping their eyes on…
- The evolution of technology in the food space and how it continues to evolve and disrupt the market.
- The rise of healthy meals and food, which their already onto, with their delicious tapa’s.